My Spanish is coming back *fast* now that I need it so desperately. Can't understand most of what anyone says, but I can usually figure out how to *say* something.
So far today we've found a coffee place with coffee that isn't particularly cheap, but *boy* do they have good coffee. I think we'll probably keep it in mind for when we want to treat ourselves to a really good cup. We also managed to find a small grocery, so we've got a few staples. At the grocery store, the fruits and vegetables are sold by a small independent business by the entrance to the store, so you buy everything else first and then get your produce from him on the way out. In Buenos Aires you are *not* allowed to touch the produce; you tell the guy what you want and he picks it out for you. Apparently once you establish a good relationship with a neighborhood produce vendor, they'll start giving you the good stuff.
Now we're back at the apartment to regroup.
Hmm, come to think of it, I'm just going to copy-paste this to the blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment