1) The pale skinned people are the ones who stay up all night partying. The brown skinned people wake up early and go to work.
2) I enjoy having conversations with random strangers. It's difficult to do that here when my Spanish isn't yet good enough. I find this to be quite a challenge. I am amazed to discover it's that important to me and I feel kind of bereft because of it.
3) Most people do not clean up after their dogs. On some blocks it's like running a gauntlet trying to avoid what dogs've left behind.
4) Mosquitos here are more voracious than those in Asheville.
5) I miss talking with and being around other women.
6) I miss my vocation.
Egg says: It's all sad!
I hope you readers don't mind my being honest about our trip.
One nice thing, though -- the mosquito bites are the least troublesome I've ever encountered -- I barely notice them. And I tend to be react pretty strongly.
ReplyDeleteThat's the way mosquito bites are for me in Asheville - I'm bitten and 10 minutes later, I'm not even aware of it anymore. Here the bites last a long time. I have little red bumps on me from days ago.
ReplyDelete