Friday, February 3, 2012

Ahhhhh

After the chaos of the last 24 hours, I'm feeling much more settled into Buenos Aires and the new apartment. There are a few things that have really helped. We've established that we can meet our most basic need, i.e. food: we've been able to both get food at a restaurant and buy groceries. The owner came and fixed the router; it turned out to be a simple fix (it's not in our apartment, unfortunately; given my druthers I'd troubleshoot it myself). And I called a couple of people in the states using skype on my iphone; somehow, although I knew that in principle I could call people, actually having done so makes me feel much more connected. I actually managed a video call with my brother and his family. Watching babies on live video in Oregon from Argentina (for free!) made me really happy.

[Update, a couple of hours later: after *massive* fails while attempting to buy a slice of pizza, I feel slightly less settled. It's a roller coaster for sure...]

No comments:

Post a Comment