For all Buenos Aires' virtues, life is definitely less efficient here. Today was a good example: around 4 pm (on a Saturday) I went out to run a couple of errands. Mainly I needed medication refills. The first pharmacy I went to had half of them. They directed me to another pharmacy, which was closed. On the way, I tried to go to the fish market, but that turned out to be closed as well. Finally I went to a big pharmacy chain. They had all but one of my medications, but then they wouldn't let me buy them because I didn't have ID to go with my credit card (no store has asked for ID before, and I don't carry my passport around because of potential pickpocketing).
None of that's awful, mind you -- but stuff like that is pretty typical. You definitely can't count on things happening smoothly here...
No comments:
Post a Comment